Thursday, 29 October 2015

MAC Twig Lipstick




I'm currently battling an obsession with MAC lipsticks - every time I pass a MAC counter I feel an urge to buy one! The latest addition to my ever-growing collection of MAC lipsticks is Twig. I had been eyeing up this lipstick for some time before I finally bought it. Twig is satin in formula and described on the MAC website as "soft muted brownish-pink", and I'd say they've hit the nail on the head with that description. What I love most about this lipstick is that I can apply it in the morning and the colour will remain on my lips all day, without needing to be reapplied. However, I would say that Twig starts to feel less creamy after a few hours of wearing it and my lips start to go dry - but that could just be my lips!

I feel rather smug that I managed to unintentionally pick up a shade perfect for autumn. Twig is a bold colour but not as bold as some of the vampy shades sported in autumn; so if you want to wear a darker shade than your natural lip colour but don't feel comfortable wearing a really bold colour then Twig is the perfect shade for you. What MAC lipstick is your favourite? Maybe I'll buy that one next!

20 comments:

  1. This looks perfect and I have wanted it for quite some time now. There is a new MAC store opening near me soon so I might have to go in there and pick this up. Perfect for Autumn!

    Our Blog // FloralsAndCoralsx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exciting! You should definitely go and get this one, it's such a lovely colour x

      Delete
  2. Argh, I'm having the exact same thing! I've got a tab open looking at Mac lipsticks as we speak! I bought heroine last week, which is so bold for me but I really love it!

    Lucy x- Yellowicing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the same as me! I haven't looked at Heroine before - I'm going to go and search it now! x

      Delete
  3. From one MAC lipsticks addict to another, this is divine. What a beautiful colour, girlie.
    I love Dangerous and Russian Red <3
    xox Nadia
    http://mielandmint.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love the colour of this! I really want to get Russian Red... Might buy that next! x

      Delete
  4. I have this shade from MAC and it's definitely one of my favorites! Love that you bought it too x Your blog is so cute! Wanna follow each other?

    lina-khalifa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love this lipstick! Thank you, you've got a nice blog too so I've given you a follow :) x

      Delete
  5. I have the same urge when I pass Mac store, I just want to buy the whole store :) That's such a beautiful shade, I will check it out when I go to Mac! x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe one day I'll have the whole MAC lipstick collection! Yes it's definitely worth having a look at this shade :) x

      Delete
  6. I have exactly the same problem in MAC, I must leave with my hand covered in swatches and a MAC bag in hand.

    http://www.makeerinover.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always leave MAC with lipstick swatches covering my hand! x

      Delete
  7. Great review! Thankfully I don't have a MAC store nearby, otherwise I'd probably go broke buying their gorgeous lippies all the time! :P Stunning shade, thank you for sharing. <3

    Following on GFC!

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have so many lipsticks that I want! Thank you, you've got a lovely blog :) x

      Delete
  8. Oh my, this is SUCH a shade! It's like a perfect replacement for light summer nudes!

    Jodie x
    alajode.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a gorgeous shade!! I love it. xx

    icarus-city.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's perfect for autumn if you don't want a too dark lip! x

      Delete
  10. I'm currently battling an obsession with MAC lipsticks - every time I pass a MAC counter I feel an urge to buy one! I know that feeling!!! Me too feel the same. Twig is one of my favorite shade.

    xx
    http://liveitcolorfully.blogspot.co.id/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAC has such an amazing collection of lipsticks that I just can't resist buying them! Twig is one of my favourite shades too x

      Delete