Tuesday, 13 October 2015

Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette




I've finally got my hands on the Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette! I'm aware that I'm slightly late to the game - this has been on my wishlist since I first heard about it! Anyway, when I first opened the box to this I instantly fell in love with the new packaging; it's magnetic and has a beautiful design on the case, which makes it more elegant in appearance than it's predecessors. Another bonus of this palette is that it came with a leaflet showing four different looks you can create with it (I don't know if all the smoky palettes come with this leaflet or whether it was specific to the place I bought it from, which was Feel Unique). I found this leaflet useful to start with because it gave me some idea of what shades go well together.

The shades in the palette are grouped together - the first four are glitter shades, the middle four are satin shades and the last four are matte shades. I prefer this layout to the previous palettes where they're all mixed together. My favourite would be the glitter shades because I can use these with any look that I want to create. 'High' will be particularly good for highlighting the brow bone, hence I can use it every time I put on eyeshadow! The only problem with the glitter shades is that some of the glitter gets on my face which is a bit annoying. The satin shades will be getting less use from me; particularly 'Black Market' and 'Smolder' because I find it hard to work with shades this dark, although 'Black Market' may be good to line the lash line. I like to use the matte shades to tone down the glitter shades. Adding 'Whiskey' to the crease and outer corners of my eyes is one of my favourite looks from the matte shades because it adds depth to the eyes.

Overall, I absolutely love this palette... I may even go as far as saying it's my favourite Urban Decay palette to date! What do you think of this palette? And which Urban Decay palette is your favourite?

18 comments:

  1. I NEED to treat myself to this palette, it's soooo pretty. I've wanted it for ages - I think I prefer the layout of the palette to the others as well, I like that they are grouped together.

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'd definitely recommend getting this palette - it's a worthwhile investment! You've got a lovely blog! :)

      Delete
  2. This looks nice♥♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing palette, the eyeshadows in it are beautiful!

      Delete
  3. i have the naked 2 which i love but i'm dying to get this as well!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Naked 2 palette! This palette is great too! I've just had a quick look at your blog and you've got some beautiful photos on there :)

      Delete
  4. At first, I wasn't really attracted by this palette, but the more I see it in videos and blogs, the more it gets appealing!
    I have the original Naked and the Electric palette and love them both, I can't really pick a favorite because they are so different.
    http://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this palette has been in so many blog posts! I've never seen the Electric palette before, I'm going to have to have a look at it now!

      Delete
  5. This palette looks amazing but I already have Naked 1 and 3, but I'll probably think about buying this too someday!



     Miriam ♥ A whole lot of serendipity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely buy this palette someday! I love the Naked 1 palette too!

      Delete
  6. I love your blog! have a nice weekend:)

    www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, have a nice weekend yourself! :)

      Delete
  7. The colors in this palette are really great but since I am more on the colorful side I would not use the Smoky one that often. However, the first Naked palette is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want this palette but I have quite a lot of eye shadows in similar colours so I'm finding the price hard to justify even though it looks gorgeous! Naked 1 is one of my most used palettes ever, so much so that I'm on my 2nd one because pretty much all the shades in my other one were gone or very near to it. I'm thinking the smoky one could go on my Christmas list...I wouldn't have to feel guilty if it wasn't me who bought it! haha.
    Em x
    http://themusingsofem.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naked 1 is a lovely palette! Haha yes putting it on your Christmas list is a good idea :)

      Delete
  9. I've been toying with whether or not I actually need this palette in my collection, and I've decided that I do! Thanks for the push ;)

    www.thedaisyfield.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Of course I'd say that you definitely need this palette because I couldn't resist it myself! x

      Delete