Tuesday, 10 November 2015

MAC Soar Lip Pencil




After buying the MAC Twig lipstick I convinced myself that I needed to invest in a lip pencil too to complete the look! Whirl and Spice seem to be a popular choice to pair with Twig, however, I loved the look of Soar and I also think it goes well with some of my other MAC lipsticks too.

Soar is described by MAC as a "mid-tone pinkish brown". The lip pencil has a creamy texture and applies easily to the lips. Also, Soar remained on my lips for the whole time that I was wearing lipstick - rather than rubbing off half way through the day. Outlining my lips with Soar before applying Twig made my lips look plumper and more defined (yes I did feel like Kylie Jenner!), but if you want to create even bigger looking lips then overlining the lips slightly should do the trick.

I have also paired Soar with my MAC Peach Blossom lipstick because Peach Blossom is a barely there nude so blending it in with Soar creates a slightly darker nude but still has the glossiness of Peach Blossom. Which lipstick and lip pencil is your favourite combination? 

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the colour of this lip pencil because it matches well with quite a lot of my lipsticks x

      Delete
  2. Love the shade of this! Since I have Twig as well I think this would be great to add to my collection x

    Lina / lina-khalifa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'd definitely recommend this shade to wear with Twig! x

      Delete
  3. I am such a huge fan of MAC! I've only ever owned one of their lip pencils though, so I'll have to check this one out (perhaps as a holiday treat...?). By the way, new reader here, and as a blog designer, I can say that your blog looks fab! ;)

    xo, Emily | Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love MAC products too and I'm definitely going to buy some more lip pencils - I'd recommend getting one as a holiday treat! Thank you, that means a lot to me :) x

      Delete
  4. Love MAC products! I've only got like 5 lip pencils compared to my lipsticks!

    Ash / Loveashxo.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAC is my favourite for lipsticks and lip pencils! I want to get more of their lip pencils and get into a habit of wearing them x

      Delete
  5. I love MAC lip pencils and have been dying to try this one out for ages! Great post!

    MadeFromBeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend buying it as it goes well with a few of the MAC lipsticks! Thank you x

      Delete
  6. fab review! be cool to see some on skin/lip swatches too 😊xx

    www.franloves.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm going to be posting more lip swatches when I get my new camera lens so keep an eye out for them :) x

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Definitely give it a go, I love using this lip pencil now! x

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Same! I love autumnal colours like this lip pencil x

      Delete
  9. I love this pencil :)
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite lip pencil that I've tried - can't wait to buy more from the collection! x

      Delete
  10. I love this colour, it's such a pretty shade that suits everyone.


    Zeynab x
    The Beauty Load

    ReplyDelete
  11. EVERYONE seems to have this lip pencil and I think I may have one hiding somewhere in my beauty cabinets! I'll have to crack it out xx, adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely go and find it - it's such a lovely colour x

      Delete
  12. obsessed with mac, i'd love to get both soar and twig!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do, they work so well together! x

      Delete