Monday, 11 January 2016

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation

Shade: Mont Blanc


I used to be someone who was constantly changing their foundation, I'd get half way through the bottle (or sometimes not even that far) and decide that I no longer liked the foundation. It went patchy, or rubbed off, or made my face look greasy, were three common problems I had with nearly all of the foundations I bought. However, I have been using Nars Sheer Glow for over a year now and I haven't experienced any of the usual problems that I have with foundations.

Nars Sheer Glow isn't aimed towards my skin type (oily-to-normal), the foundation is actually for normal, normal-to-dry and dry skin types. I was surprised about this because Nars Sheer Glow works better on my skin than any of the foundations I've tried which were specifically designed for my skin type. This foundation I'd say gives light-to-medium coverage but is definitely buildable if you're needing more coverage or more coverage in certain areas. Nars Sheer Glow is a dewy foundation that makes your skin look fresh and luminous but also natural - almost like you're not wearing any foundation. Due to this foundation not being aimed at my skin type, it can sometimes get a bit oily around my t-zone area; particularly if I've been quite active during the day or wearing this foundation for around 10 hours, but applying a layer of powder foundation to the oily areas sorts that out.

Already being half way through my SECOND bottle of Nars Sheer Glow (which is unheard of for me!) it's fair to say that I'm enjoying life on Nars and don't plan on swapping this foundation for a new one any time soon. For someone who has tried nearly every foundation under the sun and was constantly searching for a better one it's a relief to have finally found my perfect match. What is your perfect foundation?

28 comments:

  1. I love this foundation so much - it makes my skin look amazing xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's great! It looks really natural x

      Delete
  2. It looks so nice on you! I'm kinda reluctant to try nars sheer glow based on sheer amount of love this gets from oily skinned gals (I have dry skin). It's such a great feeling when you find a perfect match though, I'm hoping I can absorb some good foundation vibes from you haha.
    Peach Melba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's designed for dry skin so it should work, however, I've tried many foundations for oily skin and they haven't worked very well! Maybe see if you can get a tester before buying a bottle of it x

      Delete
  3. This foundation looks lovely, your skin looks perfect and so dewy! Is it okay for sensitive skin? :D Now following you on GFC! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the look this foundation gives, I personally don't have sensitive skin so I'm not sure but I've read reviews from people with sensitive skin and this foundation seems to work well for them x

      Delete
  4. I've heard so many good things about this foundation *goes online shopping to see where I can get it* I think it's time I tried a new foundation! It's great to read it works well on oily skin as well as that's a real struggle with me. Love your blog :)
    Aimee X aimeeandlucas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this foundation is very popular amongst girls with oily skin! Thank you :) x

      Delete
  5. Nars sheer glow foundation is my fav foundation ever. I threw away my old foundation and just kept my nars. It's amazing!!

    www.blushingkay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I haven't worn a different foundation in ages or even thought about wearing one! x

      Delete
  6. This foundation looks amazing! I definitely need to try it out. xx

    https://linnstudies.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's definitely worth giving it ago - hopefully you'll like it as much as I do! x

      Delete
  7. This is the best foundation ever in my eyes! Can't see myself wanting to buy a different one ever again.
    xx
    amydoll | amydoll.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I feel too! I'm so glad I found this foundation x

      Delete
  8. I just loveeeeee this beautiful fundation, my only problem is that any that shop sells it in Portugal, really sad. :(

    Blog: http://fiftyshadesofpink.blogs.sapo.pt/
    Instagram: @sarafqueiros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh that's a shame! You might be able to shipped over to you x

      Delete
  9. This is my favourite foundation too! I really want to try the Luminous Silk version x

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I might get a tester of the Luminous Silk one and compare the two x

      Delete
  10. i have oily skin and i found that this foundation looks nice on me but i have to say my favorite is the urban decay naked skin :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the Urban Decay one in a shop the other day and I'd really like to try it some time x

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. It is and it comes in 19 shades so there's likely to be a shade for everyone! x

      Delete
  12. I really want to try that foundation!

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend getting a tester of it, hopefully you'll like it as much as I do! x

      Delete
  13. This looks lovely on you! I have dry skin though, so I probably won't be looking into this. Great review!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is aimed at dry skin, however, it does get a lot of love from girls with oily skin! x

      Delete
  14. Sounds like a great foundation to me! SO hard to choose a foundation since there are so many so I'm happy you found your dream foundation!

    Heba xx || The Heba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I used to try a new foundation nearly every month so I'm very glad that I've finally found one that works for me x

      Delete