Monday, 21 March 2016

GRWM: Going Out Makeup


My owl dressing gown making an appearance in the background!

Today I thought I'd share with you my go-to going out makeup look. Let me know in the comments below if you'd like to see more Get Ready With Me posts.

Face:
Firstly, I apply Benefit The POREfessional Primer (review here) and then leave it a couple of minutes before putting on Nars Sheer Glow Foundation (review here) using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. After this I apply the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer under my eyes and on any spots. For my cheeks, I use the Benefit Hoola Bronzer and I blend this up the sides of my face and into my hairline, followed by the Benefit Rockateur Blusher which I apply to the apples of my cheeks (both of these are applied with my Real Techniques Blush Brush). I then use Topshop Glow Highlighter just above my cheekbones, on my brow bones, and cupid's bow.

Eyes:
I use the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion to increase the longevity of my eyeshadow, so I leave this to set for a few minutes. I then use the Urban Decay Naked Palette; I apply Virgin on the top part of my eyelids and in the corners of my eyes, followed by Sin on my eyelids, and Naked on the crease, and lastly Smog on the outer part of my eyelids and outer crease. Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner is used to create a cat eye, and finally I apply a couple of layers of Benefit Roller Lash Mascara.

Lips:
In this look I'm not wearing any lipstick, but I would usually wear either a brown-toned lipstick, such as MAC Velvet Teddy, to go with the brown shades of eyeshadow, or I would wear a glossy nude lipstick, such as MAC Patisserie.

Have you tried any of the products used in this look?

20 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful look - absolutely stunning makeup, girlie! I have actually edited my MOTD (easy everyday look) to be posted later on this month. Luv posts like this!
    You are glowing - so beautiful!
    Also, NARS is the best, isn't it? I'm using mine every day and loving it so much. Fab list of products, lovely.
    xox Nadia
    💗 http://www.mielandmint.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll check out you MOTD when you post it :) I love Nars Sheer Glow so much, it's the best foundation that I've come across! x

      Delete
  2. This is such a pretty look!!! Lovely post x

    Love, Maia
    www.maiacreed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to have a look at it! x

      Delete
  3. Ah, the OG Urban Decay palette, always a good go to palette. Such a fresh and nice look.
    LaaLaa xo
    Dolce Vanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love the Urban Decay palettes! Thank you :) x

      Delete
  4. You look absolutely lovely! And this is such lovely look and gosh, I really need to get out Naked 1 palette again. It was my first high end palette and I just don't use it enough.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) The Urban Decay Naked palette is my go-to for eyeshadow - I love it! x

      Delete
  5. i love naked palatte so much.And you look gorgeous.

    http://itsafashionista.blogspot.in/2016/03/ootd-pencil-skirt-black-top-smokey-eyes.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Naked palette has such beautiful shades of eyeshadow! Thank you :) x

      Delete
  6. love your look, gorgeous! that UD shadow palette is awesome (:

    Life in Pastel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The UD eyeshadow palettes are my favourite! x

      Delete
  7. Such a great GRWM, love how succinct it is and your makeup looks fab! My night look always includes an urban decay eye too, they're so good for dramatic evening looks!

    Anoushka Probyn - A London Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yeah I always use UD eyeshadows for a night look too! x

      Delete
  8. I have the Benefits Porefessional which feels absolutely amazing! I usually use Benefits They're real primer on a daily basis because it's quite faint but I want to give roller lash a go :)

    Cultivation of Jasmin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Benefit POREfessional primer! I have the They're Real mascara too but I prefer to use Roller Lash because they give my lashes a bit more curl x

      Delete
  9. Love this post! I really need that benefit blush in my life, but I have so many blushes already :( Nice makeup!

    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love the Benefit blush because it's not too pink but gives a nice glow x

      Delete
  10. I love Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, It's one I use all the time! I really want the Benefit POREfessional too! x

    Sinead | Subject Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've been using the Collection Concealer for about 3 years now because it's so good! The POREfessional is worth the money in my eyes! x

      Delete