Wednesday, 18 May 2016

The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer




Sorry that there has not been a blog post in a while - I've been super busy with uni exams, but I have finished them now (yay!) so I'm turning my full attention towards my blog. I've got lots of exciting posts planned for over summer and I thought that I would start it off today with a review of a very popular highlighter; The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer.

I must confess that I've never tried any of The Balm's products before - shocking I know! However, I have heard plenty of positive comments about the brand, and in particular this highlighter. The packaging for this highlighter is rather entertaining; it reminds me of Soap & Glory products because they both have a comedic aspect to their packaging. Also, a mirror has been included in the compact which is really useful for when you're travelling or on holiday. What I didn't realise before buying this highlighter is that it can also be used as a shimmer or eyeshadow, which I love because it's a beautiful golden shade. Compared to the highlighter that I normally use, which is from the Sleek Face Contour Kit, the Mary-Lou Manizer is more pigmented and more of a champagne colour. The colour of this highlighter is perfect for creating a glowing summery look - I apply it above my cheek bones, on my brow bones, down my nose, and on my cupid's bow - and it stays put for hours, so I don't need to worry about reapplying it whilst I'm out.

I have yet to find anything negative to say about this highlighter! Have you tried the Mary-Lou Manizer before? What is your favourite highlighter?

32 comments:

  1. I've heard quite a lot about this product, and I'm so in love with highlighters - this one looks gorgeous! Did you get it online? As I'm not sure if they sell it in the UK! I know what you mean as well about trying to keep up blogging while there's lots going on at uni - it's basically impossible!

    - Ruby Xx

    Another Ruby Tuesday / Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I order this off of Look Fantastic, I think a few shops might sell it but I'm not sure which ones! Yes I'm so happy that I have the whole summer to focus on my blog now x

      Delete
  2. I saw that highlighter in my local Debenhams the other day, I was SO TEMPTED but after seeing this I think I'm going to purchase it on payday!

    Love, Maia x

    www.maiacreed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do! It's such a gorgeous shade x

      Delete
  3. I love those, the vintage style packaging and illustrations are cute!

    besos,
    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love the packaging! I'd like to try some of their other highlighters too x

      Delete
  4. This highlighter is life!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's my favourite highlighter that I've tried so far! x

      Delete
  5. thanks for sharing this! :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dying to try this - looks great! x

    www.stylepetal.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think of it if you do! x

      Delete
  7. Ahh yet another review convincing me that I need this! Definitely going to cave in soon I think, sounds amazing :)

    Claire | Vanity Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so beautiful, I've added it to my wishlist! x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think if you get it :) x

      Delete
  9. Everyone and their mother raves about this product. Unfortunately I haven't tried it yet, I'm stuck on my Champagne pop!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Champagne pop looks amazing so that's understandable! x

      Delete
  10. I havent't tried any of their products before but this is such a pretty colour!! Will definitely need to pick it up XX

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour is gorgeous! Let me know what you think of it x

      Delete
  11. I'm obsessed with this highlighter - I've lost it though so I must pick up a new one! :)
    - Ambar | Her Little Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh that's such a shame! It's so good x

      Delete
  12. This highlighter is gorgeous!!! Need this in my life x

    www.emilyy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard SO many great things about this! It does look so good, but I think I'm happy with my Makeup Revolution highlighters at the moment!!

    Jodie @ Jodetopia x

    P.S - Don’t miss out on my giveaway where you can win over £230 of beauty/fashion/stationary & more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen that one before, I'll have a look at it when I'm next in a store that sells it! x

      Delete
  14. I love this highlighter, particularly for nights out. It makes a lovely eye shadow with a matte brown in the crease too, nice and simple for day time but so pretty :-)
    Em x
    http://themusingsofem.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love how versatile this highlighter is! The colour of it is so pretty as an eyeshadow x

      Delete
  15. I love this highlighter! It's one of the Balm's best products I think!



    JennyLovesBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's such a beautiful colour, definitely want to try more of their products! x

      Delete
  16. I love love love this highlighter!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! I've been wearing it so much recently x

      Delete