Sunday, 17 July 2016

What's in my hand luggage?


With a lot of you going on holiday over the summer, I thought this would be the perfect time to share with you what I take in my hand luggage on flights. This usually varies slightly depending on whether I'm going on a long-haul or short-haul flight, so I've focused this post towards a short-haul flight because that's what I'll be taking this summer.

Firstly, I pack a comfy jumper because I usually get cold on flights due to the air con. Also, if I want to fall asleep, then I'll use my jumper as a pillow. Next, I put a book and a magazine in my bag, which gives me something to do whilst I'm on the plane. The book I'll be taking on holiday with me this year is Dream A Little Dream by Giovanna Fletcher (this gets really good reviews and I can't wait to start reading this!). I also bring my Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 camera in my bag in case I want to take any snaps in the airport or whilst I'm on the plane - I love this camera so much and you should definitely get one if you haven't already! I always pack a Palmer's Cocoa Butter lip balm (which is really moisturising) and a hand cream because my hand's become dry quite quickly. Normally, I'll throw in a hand sanitiser too because I worry about picking up germs on the plane and getting ill whilst on holiday. I bring a purse containing both pounds and euros so I can do a bit of duty free shopping beforehand - typical blogger! In case I'm not in the mood to read my book, I pack headphones too so that I can listen to music. Finally, I bring a pair of sunglasses in my hand luggage because I hope to step off the plane to 30 degree sunshine (or just some sunshine in general!).

Where will you be jetting off to this summer and what's your favourite thing to bring with you?

30 comments:

  1. I'm off to Majorca in September and I'm so excited because we haven't been on a proper holiday abroad since our honeymoon in 2013. We went there about 6 years ago and had such a good time.

    Something I always do is pack a spare outfit including underwear in my hand luggage, that way if anything happens to luggage you'll at least have a change of clothes til you get it back. For a Summer holiday it doesn't have to take up much room even, could just be a little dress or t shirt and shorts that will roll up small.
    Em x
    http://themusingsofem.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun - I've never been to Majorca but it looks really nice! That's such a good idea because I always worry that my suitcase will get lost! x

      Delete
  2. This is so perfect! I'm off to Turkey tomorrow (pray for me-lol!) & will need all the entertainment I can get! My kindle is going to be my bff!

    Katie // wordsbykatie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a good holiday! I really want to get a kindle because I love reading whilst I'm on holiday x

      Delete
  3. I love the purse ! Great post !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going on holiday on Friday so this post is really well timed haha! My main essentials for flights are magazines and my Kindle x

    http://jessbethan.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a good holiday! Yes I can spend hours looking through magazines and reading x

      Delete
  5. A nice book is always a good idea to bring on holidays! I just finishes re-reading an old one from Sophie Kinsella (love it). Any recommendations for a book to take with me at the beach?

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Girl On The Train is a must read if you haven't already - it's one of my favourite books! x

      Delete
  6. Really want to read that book by Giovanna! Love reading a good book in the sun! Just followed you :D Love your blog!

    Lots of love from Mollie xxxx - The Perks Of Mollie Quirk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets really good reviews so I'm hoping I'll enjoy it! Thank you so much x

      Delete
  7. I pack pretty much the same things as you! A sweater and a pair of socks are always a must for me, as well as comfy pants, and chapstick.

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I always have to pack a sweater because I find flights chilly! x

      Delete
  8. Pretty much same as mine :) I have to read this book, seems like my type of read.

    xoxo

    www.fashionroulette.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds really good, I can't wait to start reading it! x

      Delete
  9. hand sanitizer is a must when travelling and a good book too. i also take some sort of facial moisturizer because planes mess up my skin.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Face moisturiser is a good idea, I hadn't thought about packing that! x

      Delete
  10. Love this post! I pack pretty much all of the same things! Im off to Lanzarote in a couple of weeks! x

    https://dreamingoffithavenue.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a great time, Lanzarote looks so pretty! x

      Delete
  11. I went to Prague a month ago and I packed so much lool! As long as I had moisturizer, hand gel and my powerbank I was fine!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How was Prague? I really want to visit there one day x

      Delete
  12. I'm going to Japan in 3 days and I'm so excited! thanks for sharing this is very helpful:)

    Hilary
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have an amazing time! You're welcome x

      Delete
  13. A jumper is such an essential - it gets so cold on planes. I definitely have some reading material and essentials like hand sanitiser in there too :)

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty | US & Sephora Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Polaroid camera, I have the same one, they are so much fun
    Xx

    http://themidnightblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, it's such a fun way to take pictures! x

      Delete
  15. Love this post, I'm going on holiday soon I need to go get myself a good book!

    Lauren xx | http://huggled.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah there's so many books that I want to read at the moment x

      Delete