Sunday, 14 August 2016

Chocolate Orange Cheesecake




Tanya Burr is a Youtuber that I've been watching for years, so when she released her cookbook Tanya Bakes of course I was going to buy it! I've been trying lots of the recipes lately and my favourite one so far is the Chocolate Orange Cheesecake...

Ingredients:
- 300g double chocolate cookies
- 100g butter
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 250g full-fat cream cheese
- 150g icing sugar
- 200g Terry's Chocolate Orange, plus extra slices for decorating
-150g double cream

Method:
- Crush the biscuits to crumbs. Mix in the melted butter and zest of 1 orange until well combined, then press into the bottom of the tin.
- Mix together the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth. Set aside.
- Melt the 200g of Chocolate Orange in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl isn't touching the water. Once melted, quickly whip the cream in a bowl until it forms soft peaks, then add the melted chocolate and cream cheese mixture. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Pour onto the biscuit base and smooth out. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- When you're ready to serve, decorate with the remaining Chocolate Orange slices and orange zest.

Anything chocolaty in my house doesn't last very long, so by the time I came to decorate the cheesecake there was only two slices of Terry's Chocolate Orange left! Thankfully everyone still enjoyed it. Have you got Tanya Bakes?

26 comments:


  1. Lovely post, it really looks delicious!! :)xoxo

    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummmm !!! :)

    http://www.carolinapinglo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to buy this book! It seems so amazing!! Your recreation looks so stunning! good job! <3

    Amelia | Amelia Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should buy the book, it's got a great selection of recipes! Thank you :) x

      Delete
  4. Great post and Tanya is amazing ^^ <3


    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. super yummy! nice post :)

    xx
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post. This is yummy! Thanks for sharing.
    Good vibes, FOX
    check out my blog www.rochellefox.com.au and my latest VLOG

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks like the perfect treat! I haven't bought Tanya's book but i always have a quick flick through it everytime i see it in store! xx
    www.emilyjanewebb.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favourite recipes from her book! You should buy it x

      Delete
  8. this cake looks so yummy! I really want to buy her new book x

    www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm, this looks delicious and to answer your question, no I haven't bought the book yet, but I really want to! I absolutely love baking her milk and white chocolate cookies!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to get the book! It's got so many good recipes in it - I'll have to bake the milk and white chocolate cookies x

      Delete
  10. Wonderful post Emma, I want to buy Tanya Bakes so bad but I can't get it in my country :( this is such an amazing recipe, love it, thanks for sharing xx

    mylifeasmarinaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a shame - hopefully you'll be able to get your hands on it at some point! You're welcome :) x

      Delete
  11. Chocolate Orange Cheesecake? You caught my attention rather quickly, sounds delicious ;)

    Laura xo
    www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my new favourite flavour of cheesecake! Hope you'll enjoy baking it x

      Delete
  12. Brighton is such a beautiful place! I need to go back there soon :) x

    http://serenbird.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks great! I used to love Terry's chocolate orange during my time in Australia. It's such a shame that they don't sell it ( or at least anything similar) here in Germany :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's such a shame, Terry's Chocolate Orange is one of my favourite chocolates x

      Delete