Sunday, 7 August 2016

July Favourites


July has been full of working, holiday planning, and holiday shopping - so I've managed to pick up a few favourites for you!

The first item I picked up was the Soap & Glory Orangeasm, which is a limited edition exfoliating body polish. I'm a massive fan of Soap & Glory's Sugar Crush Body Scrub and this body polish is gentler than that so could be used for everyday use if you want. The scent of Orangeasm is very refreshing; it contains Mandarin, Lemon, and Orange Peel Oils.

Next up, I bought myself the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation after trying a tester of it (which I used in my Pink Toned Makeup post). Although I love the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation, it was becoming quite shiny on my nose throughout the day so I decided to try a longer-lasting Foundation. The Bobbi Brown Foundation contains SPF 15, which is perfect for the summer months as I won't need to worry about applying suncream underneath (unless it's really hot - which is unlikely!). Also, this Foundation matches my skin really well in the shade Warm Ivory and looks natural.

Another makeup product I got this month was the Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder in shade 02. This bronzer creates a natural tanned look with a slight shimmer and lasts all day without fading. I love that this bronzer comes with a mirror in the compact so it's easy to apply on the go. Terracotta will be my go-to bronzer this summer.

Finally, I picked up a couple of the NYX Lip Lingerie Lipsticks (because I don't own enough NYX Lipsticks already!). The shades I got were 03 Lace Detail, which is a pinky beige colour, and 09 Corset, which is a grey nude. I don't find these lipsticks as moisturising as the NYX Lip Creams, however, they're still comfortable on the lips and have a really nice matte finish. Also, these last for hours without budging so you don't have to worry about reapplying them.

What products have been your favourites this month?

30 comments:


  1. Beautfiul post! Have a lovely weekend ! :)xx

    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have a lovely weekend yourself x

      Delete
  2. I love the lip Lingerie collection - they are such a great formula!

    www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love how I don't have to worry about them rubbing off my lips! x

      Delete
  3. Love this post! I've fallen in love with Nyx recently,

    Fowzia|Crazy4ties

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I want to buy all of their products! x

      Delete
  4. I really want to try the NYX lip lingerie but I have heard they are patchy so I'm a bit worried to, do you agree?
    Have a pretty day,
    Kayleigh xo
    havea-prettyday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't found them patchy - I really like them! You should give them a go and hopefully you'll like them too! x

      Delete
  5. I'm obsessed with Nyx Lingerie collection! I use those 2 colors all the time x Great post and we have similar favorites x

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I picked up some lipsticks from the Lingerie collection! I love it when I find someone else who has similar favourites to me x

      Delete
  6. I've been dying to try these NYX lingerie collection glosses for ages and I NEED to pop into store and try some out, they look SO dreamy!

    Hayley xo
    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to get some, they're so good! x

      Delete
  7. I love the Soap & Glory body scrubs - the breakfast scrub is my favourite, I may have go and give this one a try!

    Shelleen x
    http://ablushingbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the Breakfast Scrub before, I'll have to give that one a go next! x

      Delete
  8. I really need to try the NYX Lip Lingeries as they sound amazing xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good - a lot more matte than the Soft Matte Lip Creams! x

      Delete
  9. Lovely post as always Emma! I love everything you picked out as a favorite and I would love to try the Bobbi Brown foundation, I've been hearing all about it lately xx

    mylifeasmarinaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) it's so good, especially if you've got oily skin because it's really long lasting! x

      Delete
  10. I've currently got a tester from Bobbi Brown too... Hopefully I like it too :)

    bobbiemaymakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! Love the nyx lip range! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NYX have such a great selection of lipsticks - every time I go into Boots I want to buy more! x

      Delete
  12. This is so inspiring! I love the post:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Guerlain bronzer looks lovely and they are such a luxurious brand. Love the NYX Lip Lingerie lipsticks x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite bronzer that I've tried so far! The Lip Lingeries are so good x

      Delete
  14. I've never tried the S&G orangegasm scent, I'm not sure if it'll be too strong for me but they rarely disappoint so I may have to switch it up next time ^_^

    Iqra | The Blushing Giraffe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't find it too strong, you should give it a go :) x

      Delete
  15. I neeeed to try the Terracotta bronzer, I keep hearing such incredible things about it :)

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete