Sunday, 4 September 2016

August Favourites


It's the end of August already and summer is pretty much over now. Where has the time gone? In a couple of weeks I'll be back at uni and counting down the days until next summer! Anyway, I've got a selection of my favourite summer products to share with you.

When I went to Barcelona earlier in the month one of the top things on my to-do list was to visit a Sephora (priorities right!?). I made such a big deal about going to one that I wasn't leaving empty-handed, so I picked up the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper. I had heard so many good reviews about this eyeliner but never thought about buying it myself - and I'm so glad that I did buy it. This eyeliner has a very thin tip for precision, however, you can build on it if you want a thicker line. Usually, I find that eyeliners smudge onto my eyelids but this one stays put and is very long-lasting.

Something else I enjoyed whilst in Barcelona was using my Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Camera. I picked up a pack of the Colour Close-up Lens which clip on to the front of the camera and give warmer or cooler tones to the photos. I love using this camera because I can decorate my room with the photos rather than having them stored on my phone.

Whilst I was in Boots the other day I bought a couple of products from Soap & Glory. Heel Genius is a foot cream that I've been using for years and I love it; I apply it a couple of times a week and then put a pair of socks on to let in soak in. The other product I picked up was the Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub, which contains oats, shea butter, and sugar. I had never tried this scrub before but I'd seen lots of good reviews on it. This smells amazing and leaves my skin feeling so smooth.

Finally, I have been reading Dream A Little Dream by Giovanna Fletcher. I've never read any of Giovanna's books before but they all have amazing reviews so I thought I'd try one of them. The book is about a woman who dreams of a handsome stranger and then he appears in real life. I'm only a couple of chapters in at the moment but I can't wait to carry on reading it!

Have you tried any of these products before? What have you been using throughout August? Also, I'm planning on doing a university advice post next week so if you have any questions then please let me know.

34 comments:

  1. Nice post, Emma! I also have an Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera and I absolutely love it!

    I'm doing a Q&A on my blog soon. If you want, you can leave your question on my latest post. Thank you so much for your time.

    I hope you are having a lovely day.

    Jeff. x | Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so much fun to use! Thanks, I'll have a look at your post :) x

      Delete
  2. I love the smell of Soap & Glory products!

    Tia | https://the10amblog.squarespace.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, great products!! :)xx

    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barcalona is my favourite city! xx
    www.lifeinlipstickandleggings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first time visiting it and I really want to go back! x

      Delete
  5. Oooh - I'm off to Spain tomorrow night and my boyf and I are off to Barcelona for a day trip - do you have any reccommendations of where to go? What shops can I drag him into?! I really want to read one of Giovanna's books too. xx

    LUCY | lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely go to the La Rambla and Placa de Catalunya area for restaurants and shopping, also if you have time you should visit the Sagrada Familia :) x

      Delete
  6. Love all of your favorites dear, especially your polaroid camera, it is so cute. Also, I've never read any of Giovanna's books and I would really love to xx

    mylifeasmarinaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Her books are really good, I'm going to read some more of them once I've finished this one! x

      Delete
  7. Really enjoyed reading about your favourites, and it sounds like you had a lovely time in Barcelona! We don't even get Sephora in the UK, I really wish we did! x x I absolutely adore Soap and Glory products, they are so effective and always smell so fab. I had the breakfast scrub and I remember it smelling super delicious. :) Thanks for sharing your picks with us, hun! <3

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I wish the UK had a Sephora too. Soap & Glory are my favourite shower products x

      Delete
  8. Lovely post. Soap and glory products are amazing and I really need to go to a Sephora, I have a huge list of products to get.

    ZEKALIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I already want to go back to Sephora and get more stuff! x

      Delete
  9. Great picks! I love S&G so much, and I reaaaally want a fujifilm instax camera like SO BAD. Thanks for sharing

    Y x | www.thesweetsevenfive.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) You need to get one, those cameras are so good! x

      Delete
  10. I need to try Heel Genius! I have Hand Food and love it :)

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Hand Food too, Soap & Glory do amazing products! x

      Delete
  11. I'm dying to get my hands on a polaroid camera! Never heard of those sorts of lenses before, that's so cool!

    https://paigeunread.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Polaroid cameras are so cool and I love that I can mix up my photos a bit by using the lenses! x

      Delete
  12. I really need a polaroid camera in my life! Need to get one soon xx

    www.sandrafsilva.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the S&G Breakfast Scrub :) the Smoothie Star scent is my favourite from them!

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it smells amazing! Definitely be repurchasing it x

      Delete
  14. Ooh I want that camera! Oh yes and I love the scent of that soap and glory scrub! Xx

    http://frugalcookiex.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Polaroids are so much fun! Yeah the scrub smells incredible x

      Delete
  15. I so want one of these cameras! I love the look of those little lenses too xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get one, the lenses are so much fun to use! x

      Delete
  16. I love soap and glory, especially the Hand Food cream. It gives you the softest hands! Also, I'm currently having a giveaway - you should come and check it out!
    https://www.bluecanyoncorner.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soap and Glory do some of my favourite products! Thanks for commenting x

      Delete
  17. Dream a Little Dream is my favourite book between the ones Giovanna has written so far :D I love her books so much and I really look up to her as a person.

    The idea of using your Instax photos to decorate your room is brilliant, I have a friend who covered up her bedroom door with pictures and it looks wonderful, I wish I had an Instax camera too (maybe one day I'll just get it, who knows).

    Marti | paperplanepond.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to read some more of Giovanna's books because I love Dream A Little Dream! Instax photos make such cute decorations x

      Delete