Sunday, 16 October 2016

September Favourites


Sorry for such a belated monthly favourites post - it won't be long till I'm posting about my October favourites! If you follow me on Twitter, then you would of seen that the wifi wasn't working properly in my new house for the first three weeks, which completely ruined my blogging schedule. Thankfully the wifi's fixed now so I can start posting weekly again. Anyway, lets get on with my September favourites...

My first favourite for September is the Batiste Beautiful Brunette dry shampoo. I've always been a massive fan of Batiste dry shampoos, however, they usually make my hair look a bit grey, no matter how hard I try to rub it in, due to my hair being so much darker than the spray. The one aimed at brunettes blends perfectly with my hair so you can't even tell that I've used dry shampoo! It also gives my hair a lot more volume - it works better than some volumising products I've tried!

Another hair product I've been loving this month is the L'Oreal Extraordinary Clay Masque. I don't use hair masks very often but this sounded exactly like what my hair needs because it's for oily roots. You apply the mask to your roots before shampooing and leave it on for five minutes to allow the mask to absorb oil and impurities. The mask leaves my hair looking a lot less greasy and it smells amazing too. There's also a shampoo and conditioner in the range, however, I haven't tried these yet. Let me know what you think of them if you've tried them.

My mum bought me the Nosh For Students recipe book so that I'd be able to cook some proper meals whilst I'm at uni. The recipes are very easy to follow and each one has a key which shows how much it costs per person, how many it serves, how difficult it is to make, and how long it takes to prepare. The recipes I've tried have turned out really well - chilli con carne is definitely my favourite so far!

I'm quite proud of myself that I've managed to go a couple of months without buying a MAC lipstick; obviously that wasn't going to last forever, so I treated myself to one of their satin lipsticks in the shade Mocha. MAC describe it as a 'peachy yellow-brown' and I would say that it's slightly darker than Velvet Teddy (which I also own!). The satin lipsticks are quite matte but more moisturising than the matte lipsticks, which is great for autumn because my lips usually get dry. I'll definitely be wearing this shade a lot throughout autumn and it matches perfectly with MAC's Nice'n' Spicy lip liner.

Lastly, I received Blog Inc. from my family for my birthday and I've loved reading it so far. This covers everything you need to know about setting up and growing your blog, as well as meeting new bloggers. This book is really going to help me improve my blog and I can't wait to read more of it. I would recommend getting this if you are a relatively new blogger.

I hope you've enjoyed my first blog post back and I won't leave it that long for my next blog post! What did you love in September?

24 comments:

  1. I just wrote about the dry shampoo in a recent post and I didn't know they had one for darker hair. I must try it now!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never seen it till a few weeks but it's so good! x

      Delete
  2. I just need to agree with girls- loving the shampoo!!

    http://ezerskyte.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will have to try the clay masque as I've tried the shampoo and conditioner and like them x

    www.enjoytheadventure.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clay masque is so good, let me know what you think of it :) x

      Delete
  4. I might have to get myself that book too, and I literally could not live without my dry shampoo.. I feel ya there! haha. I am so happy I found your blog, I will definitely be reading it regularly now. Keep up the lovely work! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend the book, it's so helpful! Thank you - I love your blog too x

      Delete
  5. I love this lipstick , check out my blog please x
    http://alwaysbeautyforever.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the perfect shade for autumn! I will do x

      Delete
  6. i looooove mac lipsticks! xx

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! I can't resist buying one every time I go into the shop! x

      Delete
  7. The lipstick looks so nice!

    lipsticks-and-louboutins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely colour and matches my MAC lip liner so well! x

      Delete
  8. Can you do a post on the Bloggers Inc book? I've been wondering whether its worthwhile buying something like that for a while! Thanks so much :) Lauren - www.theyoproedit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course I will! I haven't finished reading it yet but when I do I'll upload a review x

      Delete
  9. That MAC lipstick sounds gorgeous. The hair mask probably isn't for me since I have quite dry hair, but I have friends who I'm sure would love it.
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wearing the MAC lipstick so much recently! You should definitely recommend the hair masque to your friends x

      Delete
  10. I really want to try that Elvive mask, I've heard such good things!
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a go, I really like it! x

      Delete
  11. I love loreal elvive clay range!!

    Rachael xox
    http://gatsbyandglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells amazing! I need to try the shampoo and conditioner x

      Delete