Sunday, 5 February 2017

MAC Lipstick Collection



MAC lipsticks are my weakness. Every time I go into the shop I find another one that I want to buy and I keep a list of all the shades that I like so, if I don't purchase it straightaway, I can go back and buy it another time. Today I thought that I would share with you my collection of MAC lipsticks.

The first MAC lipstick I ever bought was Peach Blossom. This is a very pale pink, which I use if I want to wear a lipstick but I don't want too much colour. Peach Blossom is part of the cremesheen range so it has a glossy finish, however, I find that it doesn't last as long as their matte lipsticks.

Another one of MAC's lipsticks that I wear quite a lot is Patisserie. This is one of their lustre lipsticks - so it has a similar glossy finish to Peach Blossom. Patisserie is described by MAC as a 'sheer creamy neutral pink', so I also use this if I want to add a hint of colour but not too much colour.

One of my favourite lipsticks to wear in Autumn is Twig. This is a gorgeous pinky-brown shade and has a satin finish, so it's similar to a matte lipstick but slightly more moisturising. Twig lasts on my lips between 4-6 hours before it needs reapply. I usually pair Twig with MAC's Soar lip liner and you can read my full reviews of these products here and here.

Velvet Teddy is a lipstick that the majority of people own so when everyone was going crazy for this lipstick I had to jump on the bandwagon too! It's a light brown shade with a matte finish. Velvet Teddy lasts for around 6 hours without needing to be reapplied and it's great if you want to over-line your lips and make them look fuller.

Milan Mode is probably the brightest lipstick that I own! It's a bright pink shade with some sparkle in it, and I usually save this lipstick for Summer. This is part of the lustre range so it gives a glossy finish, however, I find that Milan Mode lasts longer than other lustre lipsticks I've tried and that's probably due to how bright the colour of it is.

For my birthday, my friends bought me Mocha. This is very similar in colour to Velvet Teddy, however, it's a slightly darker shade of brown. Mocha is a satin finish lipstick so it's more comfortable to wear than matte lipsticks and still lasts a long time. I pair Mocha with MAC's Nice 'n' Spicy lip liner and this combination works well together.

Finally, I bought MAC's Sin lipstick for Halloween. This is a deep blue red shade (so it was perfect for my Vampire look), and it matches perfectly with MAC's lip liner in the shade Dark Out. I loved wearing this for Halloween, however, it's a lot bolder than the lipsticks I usually wear so I haven't had another occasion where I can wear Sin yet. The matte finish is very long lasting, however, I did find it difficult to add another layer of this lipstick over the top of the previous layer once it had dried.

My MAC lipstick collection is still growing and I'm sure that in a few months I will be the proud owner of many more MAC lipsticks! What's your favourite MAC lipstick?

39 comments:

  1. I've not tried a MAC lipstick before! Patisserie looks so pretty x

    Sick Chick Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAC lipsticks are my favourite, you should try one! I use Patisserie loads x

      Delete
  2. I still don't own the shade Twig, I think it's long overdue that I purchase it!

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely get it - it's so pretty! x

      Delete
  3. What a lovely collection, I love those shades. I like their darker shades too like the browns.

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) same, I'm really liking Mocha at the moment x

      Delete
  4. Twig and Velvet Teddy are two of my favourites :) I will definitely be checking out Mocha next!

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wearing Mocha loads recently, it's so pretty! x

      Delete
  5. Great review! Very beautiful shades!
    Would you like to follow each other? Follow me on Blog and Google+ and I'll follow you back!
    www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll check out your blog now x

      Delete
  6. You have a great collection!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the shades babes...xo, Neha

    http://www.theinstylejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, there's still so many more that I want to get! x

      Delete
  8. Great collection and thanks for the review! Lets support each other.

    steezyeye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'll check out your blog now x

      Delete
  9. Such an admiral collection, can you believe that I don't own any mac lipsticks, yep haha, I don't have any but I sure am missing out! Have a great week :)

    Trishna xx

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to try one! MAC lipsticks are my favourite x

      Delete
  10. love these shades and your collection looks amazing! I like how they're varied in colours, really makes me want to do some Mac shopping haha :D

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I want to do some MAC shopping too haha x

      Delete
  11. Amazing collection! My favourite Mac lipstick is Finally Free, its such a shame it was limited edition :(

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I saw Finally Free, I know a lot of people liked it though! x

      Delete
  12. I absolutely love MAC, I have so many lipsticks and pretty sure I have doubled up accidentally on a few too, ha! Great blog, please stop by mine some time :-).

    Top Style Advice | Fashion and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always go into MAC and pick up some of the lipsticks I've already bought haha! I'll have a look at your blog now x

      Delete
  13. LOVE this post girl - Velvet Teddy is my ultimate go-to nude shade that I wear on a daily basis, just the perfect shade, I love it!

    Hayley xo
    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Velvet Teddy's one of my favourites too x

      Delete
  14. the first mac lipstick i bought was so chaude and is still use it. brave might be the perfect nude for me.


    www.elenaisabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brave is on my list of MAC lipsticks that I want to get - it's so pretty! x

      Delete
  15. I LOVE Mac lipsticks - Ruby Woo, Diva and Honeylove are firm favourites of mine!
    Love your work girl, keep it up - I'm now following you on GFC also!

    Lisa x
    https://goldenglowww.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to buy Ruby Woo for ages! Thanks so much - I already follow your blog x

      Delete
  16. I keep a list of the ones I want too! lol *adds twig to the list*

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oops... Twig is so pretty though! x

      Delete
  17. Such a great collection of shades! I really like the look of Twig xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wear Twig a lot in the Autumn/Winter or on nights out x

      Delete
  18. You've got a fab collection of MAC lipsticks, so many pretty shades. My first ever MAC lipstick was Creme Cup which I still love x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the look of Creme Cup, might have to buy that sometime x

      Delete
  19. Gorgeous colours, my favourite MAC lipstick is Faux :)

    www.teenytinythoughts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the look of Faux, I really want to get that one! x

      Delete
  20. Velvet Teddy is my new purchase, love the colour. It seems to suit most skin tones too. I've got some lipsticks from the cremesheen range too!

    ReplyDelete