Sunday, 6 August 2017

Visiting Paris


When Audrey Hepburn said that "Paris is always a good idea" she wasn't joking! Last month I visited Paris for the first time and I would love to go back there already!

Where to visit:
On my first evening in Paris I went for a wander around the Champs-Elysées area (where you can visit the Arc de Triomphe) and conveniently ended up near the Eiffel Tower at sunset - talk about perfect timing! To go to the second floor of the Eiffel Tower cost around €8 and it's so worth it for the views over Paris. Also, if you go to the Eiffel Tower when it's dark then you'll see it lit up and every hour on the hour the lights flash for 5 minutes, which is really pretty. The Louvre is the world's largest museum and has some impressive architecture. Unfortunately I didn't have time to go inside The Louvre but it's well worth the visit even if you only see the glass pyramid - and maybe you can try get a classic tourist photo with your hand on top of it! The Notre Dame cathedral is free to enter and includes a treasury, towers and crypt. Unfortunately it was very busy when I was there so I never went inside. On my last day I went to the Sacre-Coeur and, although there was a lot of steps to climb up to it, the view at the top was incredible. I didn't get the chance to go inside the Sacre-Coeur but entrance is free so if you have the chance then you should definitely do it.


Where to eat:
Paris is renowned for it crepes so obviously you can't leave Paris without trying one! You're spoilt for choice with creperies in Paris and most of them are very similar to one another - I bought one from a place near the Eiffel Tower and ate it whilst watching the flashing lights go off. Another food you have to try from Paris is macarons. I went to Maison Georges Larnicol, which is close to the Sacre-Coeur, and it offers a massive selection of flavours for a reasonable price. I would highly recommend going here.


Day trip:
Can we all take a moment to admire that sunset!? The sky actually matches the castle - I don't think I've ever seen anything more beautiful! If you're in Paris you HAVE to go to Disneyland. This brought out my inner child and was without a doubt the best day of the whole trip. I would recommend looking into the fast pass tickets before you go because some of the rides I ended up queuing for over an hour, which meant I couldn't see as much of the park as I wanted to. Also, as expected, the food's very expensive at Disneyland so it's worth bringing your own snacks with you if you don't want to spend too much.

Hopefully you have found this post helpful. I would love to go back to Paris to explore more of it. Have you visited Paris before?

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow these pictures are so pretty! I would love to visit Paris xx

    www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are so gorgeous! I haven't been to Paris in such a long time!

    http://ariadibari.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photo's are beautiful, so jealous x

    www.taintedblues.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Paris, although it's been ages since I was last there. Gorgeous photos! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been to Paris, but I would love to! xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paris is my favourite City every! it holds so many happy memories for me! it looks like you had and amazing time! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paris is so amazing!!! Really want to go back to it!

    xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paris looks absolutely amazing! Love your guide of places to visit there! :)

    http://www.lifeofardor.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing photos, lucky you! I've never been there before but my one dream is to move and live there! :)

    Happy Sunday!
    XO, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been to France many times but never been to Paris. Your photos are stunning! xx

    https://harryssisters.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow these pictures are so pretty! This is so unbelievably cute!
    Heels Online India: If you are no longer into conventional shoe design and would like go for a more refine and classy outfit then you should consider buying the right pair from BISSQ. BISSQ is one of the most respected ladies footwear brands in India.

    Visit: http://bissq.blogcindario.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. What gorgeous photos! I'm desperate to see the real Paris (I've only seen Disney!) and this post makes me want to go even more x

    What Josie Did Next

    ReplyDelete