Sunday, 20 August 2017

5 Shows To Watch On Netflix


Thanks to the British Summer weather I have spent a lot of time recently binge watching lots of TV shows on Netflix. So I thought that I would share with you some of my favourites in case you get stuck with what to do on a rainy day.

Power
OMG this is getting so intense at the moment! It's set in New York and follows a drug dealer and his gang. Without giving too much away... in the first series the main drug dealer starts having an affair with his childhood sweetheart who then turns out to be an AUSA agent that's looking for him (but she doesn't realise that he's the guy she's looking for!). It's nearing the end of it's fourth season but it's just started to get really good as they've arrested one of the agents for being corrupt - definitely worth a watch if you like crime dramas.

Pretty Little Liars
I've been watching this since it started and, although it's finished now, you're missing out if you don't watch it! I'm sure most of you know what PLL is about but if you don't; PLL follows the lives of four girls who's best friend has gone missing, they then start receiving anonymous texts and try to work out who the texts are from believing that whoever it is knows what happened to their missing friend. Unfortunately I found the finale a bit disappointing because I was hoping that A would be someone else, however, the show keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout and will make you never want to go into a dark room alone!

Orange Is The New Black
I haven't caught up with the latest season yet, however, the ending to season four was so dramatic I'm excited to find out what happens. OITNB is Netflix's most-watched original series so I'm sure most of you have already seen some of the episodes. It follows a woman who's convicted of transporting drug money for her ex-girlfriend, which happened a few years prior to the start of the series, and she then ends up in the same prison as her ex-girlfriend. OITNB is a comedy but it also touches on some issues that prisons today are facing.

Gossip Girl
Every girl has to watch Gossip Girl at least once in their life! It revolves around a group of hyper-privileged students who seem to get whatever they want (trust me, it'll make you wish you could live like them!). However, there's an anonymous blogger who releases secret information about them. I'm really hoping they do a reunion show in a few years because I love this show so much.

The Vampire Diaries
I've been watching this show since the beginning and I'm so sad that it's over now. The Vampire Diaries follows the life of a girl who falls in love with a vampire and things become very complicated when a past lover from centuries ago who's also a doppleganger reappears. There's also werewolves, witches and loads more supernatural creatures. At times the storyline can get quite complicated but if you like supernatural dramas then you'll love this.

Hopefully I've given you some ideas about what you could watch on Netflix. What are your favourite TV shows?

13 comments:

  1. I love all of these shows (can we just take a moment to appreciate Damon in The Vampire Diaries..) But I can't say I've heard of Power before now! I'm definitely intrigued to start watching it now you've mentioned it though x

    Shannon | http://shannonmichelle1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes Damon is my fave! Hopefully you'll love Power! x

      Delete
  2. Out of these I've only seen Gossip Girl - I need to up my game! I haven't been watching much TV lately but I absolutely loved the Spanish drama I Know Who You Are which was just on BBC 4. Also Riviera (purely for Julia Stiles' outfits!) and of course Game of Thrones. x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to watch Game of Thrones - think that'll be my next TV show to binge watch haha x

      Delete
  3. Like Kate mentioned above, I've only seen Gossip Girl. I still re-watch it from time to time for a bit of makeup and wardrobe inspo.

    Lavanya | Elle Files

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gossip Girl's one of my favourite TV shows ever! x

      Delete
  4. To be completely honest I could binge watch Pretty Little Liars and The Vampire Diaries everyday of my life! They are just such great shows and I would suggest them to everyone! Love this post! Also I really love your bedding!
    http://www.katream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they're both so good - I'm actually watching The Vampire Diaries right now! Thank you, I try to stick to a colour scheme with my bedding haha typical blogger! x

      Delete
  5. PLL and TVD are my old favs, so sad these two are over ! I eventually love the100 recently and a long list of series haha !
    Also love your blog ♥ Can we follow each other ? Let me know in comment and I will follow you back !

    Suzanne xx | Check my blog : https://yourlovelyplace.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have followed you on Bloglovin' x

      Delete
  6. Omg I love power, oitnb and gossip girl! Only watched gossip girl a few months ago for the first time and couldn't believe what I had been missing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I was late to the Gossip Girl game as well but once I started watching it I couldn't stop! x

      Delete
  7. Hahaha I just realised I have watched all the shows you have mentioned! Currently on season 4 of Power!I started watching Pretty Little Liars when I was on maternity leave and was absolutely hooked. Although haven't watched Gossip Girl - Next one my list after I'm done watching Power. Excellent post hun!

    Sultana xxx

    sultanasays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete