Tuesday, 28 November 2017

Festive Makeup Look


I always use the festive season as an excuse to wear glitter on my eyelids and a bold red on my lips. Therefore, I thought that I would share how I created this look with you - I also might film a YouTube tutorial of it and post it to my channel.

Firstly, I always use Benefit's The POREfessional Primer and, whilst I'm waiting for this to sink in, I use my eyelash curler. Then I apply the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation - I have quite oily skin and this foundation doesn't go greasy on me half way through the night! To add a bit of colour, I use the Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer, applying it in a '3' shape from the top of my head then along my cheekbones and down my jawline. My go-to highlighter for the festive season is The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer, which adds a beautiful shimmer to my cheek bones, brow bones and down my nose. Before applying eyeshadow, I use Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer - this ensures that my eyeshadow doesn't budge all night. I fill my eyebrows in whilst waiting for the Primer to dry and I always use Benefit's Gimme Brow. All of the eyeshadows I use are from the Naked 1 palette; I apply 'Virgin' right in the corners of my eyes, followed by 'Half Baked' across the main part of my eyelids and then 'Smog' in the outer corners of my eyes and along the crease. To get my eyes looking extra sparkly I applied more of 'Half Baked' once I'd done the rest of my makeup. I then use the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (my all-time favourite mascara!). Although, sometimes I might opt for fake lashes instead and my favourites are the Ardell Demi Wispies. Finally, for my lips I outlined them using MAC's Dark Out Lip Pencil and filled them in with MAC's Sin Lipstick.

I'm loving creating different makeup looks at the moment so I might post some more festive looks before Christmas. What are your go-to festive makeup products?
SaveSave

14 comments:

  1. You look so pretty! Nothing beats a Mac lipstick and liner combo x
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! MAC lipsticks are my favourite x

      Delete
  2. You look gorgeous!! I love the color of that lipstick.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always wear this lipstick in Winter x

      Delete
  3. You look amazing in this makeup, love the lipcolor.

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of my favourites for Winter x

      Delete
  4. Love this look Emma, the lip colour is beautiful!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I only ever wear this lipstick around this time of year haha x

      Delete
  5. that's a great make-up! i love the lipstick :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of my favourites for Winter x

      Delete
  6. Your make up is so beautiful!!!

    Check out my latest blogpost to get some inspo:
    "Christmas Giftguide 2017" https://evaredson.blogspot.it/2017/11/christmas-gift-guide-2017-10-best.html

    xx Eva

    ReplyDelete